This is a list of my articles arranged by topic. After several years of blogging in the TCK/CCK/expat space, there is a lot of content here, and it can be hard to find the exact thing you’re looking for.
If you’re looking for something that isn’t here – let me know! Maybe you’ll inspire a new post. Also, check out my patreon page, where supporters get extra insights arising from my current research on adult TCKs and CCKs.
Third Culture Kids
- What is a Third Culture Kid?
- Living in between countries
- Dear repatriating TCK
- Graduation season
- Patriotism and TCKs
- TCKs and the social implications of race
- TCKs and their tattoos
- TCKs in the 21st century
- Lessons from a Third Culture childhood, part 1: Everyone leaves
- Lessons from a Third Culture childhood, part 2: What about the internet?
- Lessons from a Third Culture childhood, part 3: After “everyone leaves”
- Lessons from a Third Culture childhood, part 4: No one understands
Cross Cultural Kids
Cross Cultural Education
- The Hidden Currents of Cross Cultural Education
- The Impact of School Culture
- Cross-cultural education: advice for parents
- Cross-Cultural Education in China—and in Chinese Families (China Source)
- Change, transition, and why it’s hard
- Six tips for a good transition
- The power of the second year
- The unending season of transition
- Homesickness and the price we pay to be expats
- Expat guilt: being far from family
- Our love affairs with places
- Unrequited love of place
- Listing countries
- Phantom pain: feeling the pieces of self you leave behind
- An international Olympic experience
- My difficult experiences of going home